As we begin the new year, the Kings Point Trail Association would like to remind our residents of a few items to keep in-mind when using the trails.
Please be aware of your surroundings
- Dogs are required to be kept on leash at all times.
- Dog owners are required to pick up their pet’s waste.
- Not all people are comfortable with dogs, so please maintain control of your dog(s) at all times and especially when approaching others.
- Do not assume all dogs are friendly or comfortable with strangers and/or strange dogs. Always ask before you or your dog approach another dog.
- When walking your dog, ensure your dog (and leash) is out of the way for others to safely pass.
- Many people enjoy listening to music or talking on the phone while on the trail, please pay attention to others you are approaching or are approaching you, so you/they can pass.
- Bike riders, runners, roller skaters, etc., coming up on others from behind, should call out their approach and location (i.e., “on your left”) so that they can safely pass.
- Motorized vehicles are not allowed on the trails.
- Please do not liter or leave items behind on the trail/trail’s property, this includes items you might consider to be biodegradable such as peanut or sunflower shells, etc.
- Please do not damage trees, saplings and/or other plants along the trail.
- If you see items of concern, please contact the Kings Point Trails Association.
Some examples:We encourage all to get out and enjoy the trails.
- Items dumped on the trails
- Dead or leaning trees that may pose a falling hazard
- Large or aggressive yellow jacket/hornet nests
Happy New Year,
The Kings Point Trails Association
Due to flooding the section of trails between 5303 Beaver Lodge to 5503 Beaver Lodge is closed. It will remain closed until the water recedes and we can make repairs to the decking. There is also standing water on many other parts of the trails, please use caution if on the trails and if possible use an alternate route avoiding the trails for now.